How I Can Help
As a farmer with a family business I know first-hand how stressful the challenges of succession can be.
I am straightforward and patient, bringing expertise, professionalism as well as lightness and humour to what can be difficult conversations. I believe everyone’s contribution matters and when I work with you I will ensure everyone engages with the process and feels heard.
It is best to start the process sooner rather than later – an earlier start gives you more options and time to implement and refine the plan over time.
What to expect:
- Talking confidentially to all family and non-family members as couples or individually
- Review present farm business and clarify ownership of assets
- Review of your current professional legal and financial support
Family Meetings & Planning Phase
- Facilitate meetings where all those affected by the succession are present in the room
- Ensure that the meetings run smoothly, and everyone has an opportunity to voice their interests and concerns
- Create a respectful and safe environment to encourage open and honest communication
- Widen perspectives and explore the broader potential of your business
- Bring in appropriate expertise to prepare for smooth transition; e.g. solicitors, accountants
Commitment and Action Phase
• Help to generate your plan and clarify next steps.
• To be available for follow up support as needed.